We are all on smart phones and tablets today. So you need a cool favicon for just that. And with this free plugin for World Press it’s easy like 123… go.
Its a well known fact that major number of sites around the world uses WordPress as the web software for hosting static, dynamic, CMS, portal etc. The WordPress does not provide a facility to update a Favicon to the website inclusively. We need to setup the favicon manually editing the theme header files which usually not so easier way for the layman.
This can be overcome easily with the help of the Genie WP Favicon plugin. It provides a very simple way to update the favicon to the site.
1. Download ‘genie-wp-favicon.zip‘ onto your local computer.
2. Go to your WordPress Dashboard and select Plugins >> Add New.
3. Click on the Upload option at the top and select the ‘genie-wp-favicon.zip‘ file you just downloaded.
4. Click on Install.
5. Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
6. There should be an additional ‘Genie WP Favicon’ sub-menu under the ‘Appearance’ option of your dashboard to setup the plugin.
7. Upload your favicon and refresh your page.
8. Network sites have to be updated individually.
Like to see how good it looks on your Iphone? Then open my blog and add it to your home screen to see it in action. Yes… You don’t have to keep it 🙂
Your blog will look awesome with this plugin.
If you don’t like a plugin to do it for you then why not do it yourself? Check this blog for a great tutorial for that.